Birth of a brand
Frédéric Boucheron opened his first jewellery salon at the Palais Royal in 1858, and soon acquired fame as an expert in precious stones, a masterful technician and a creator of beautiful jewellery. In 1893, he was the first jeweller to set up shop at the Place Vendôme, where he continued to serve the social elite, and from where the firm still operates successfully today.
Over the years, the Maison Boucheron opened branches in Moscow and London, and also in Japan, the Middle and Far East. Boucheron exhibited in many international expositions including the 1876 Philadelphia Centennial, the 1889 and 1900 Expositions Universelles in Paris, the 1893 World's Colombian Exposition in Chicago and the 1925 Exposition des Arts Décoratifs in Paris.