Lacloche Freres was founded in Madrid in 1875 by four brothers, Fernand, Jules, Leopold and Jacques. Subsequently, they opened branches in San Sebastian, Biarritz and at Rue de la Paix in Paris before taking over Faberge's London salon in 1920. They were in highly successful jewellery firm. After the war, Jacques Lacloche designed jewellery for a largely American clientele and some true connoisseurs like Ali Khan. The business closed in the 1960s.